Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Belleville Rendez-vous



The Boy and a lot of our friends have reached the age where they have exchanged their sticker-clad BMX's for fixed gears and racing bikes to participate in horrifically exhausting Triathlons and the like. 

I personally prefer vintage bikes and peddling to a more casual pace. Our obsession extends to head badges and saddles and leaves our garden shed stacked with 'works in progress', random vintage frames and wheels.

 My faithful bicycle (Scout Finch) is a Women's 1954 'British Racing Car Green' Phillips rod brake push bike and she is working as well as the day she was made (give or take a few rust spots on the chrome which isn't bad as I live by the Sea and have used her everyday for many a year!)

 I really wish more people used bikes. 

I love them so.






One of the Boy's old bikes on one of our many Summer bike rides. (I think this one's the BSA)






An old polaroid I took (4 years ago) of Penny Farthings hanging from the ceiling of a wonderful vintage bike themed tea room in Knutsford, Cheshire.




Every time I see an adult on a bicycle I no longer despair for the future of the Human race.

H.G Wells.




1 comment: