Friday, 24 June 2011

One Line Drawing. Part One.


I am obsessed with Illustration amongst many other things at this precise moment in life. Drawing was never really my strong point at art college and university. I find it incredibly difficult as a jewellery designer to put pen/pencil to paper and just empty my head of ideas onto the page.

If you are the kind of person that finds that sort of thing as easy as breathing then I envy you with a passion!

I have always been at my best when allowed to interpret my ideas straight through my hands and onto the material which usually results in workshop shelves stacked with maquettes and samples. I do eventually get what I want and I can honestly say that some of my best pieces have been accidental or the result of a distraction whilst exploring a random tangent! Trial and error, swings and roundabouts!

So, lately I have been drawing again and I am in love. Here are just some of the world's greatest pencil pushers who have helped me to fall.





(Reindeer Presence, The Princess and the Pea, The Little Mermaid by Edmund Dulac for Hans Christian Andersen. Possibly the greatest children's book Illustrator of all time!)

(Adolphe Millot)


(Harry Clarke for Edgar Allan Poe)


(William Morris)




No comments:

Post a Comment